Vacancy Number: AZCFA2020-03
Position Title: Driver
Duty Station: Baku with travel to the regions
Classification: General Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment: Special short-term ungraded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 27.10.2020
Under the overall supervision of COM and direct supervision of National RMO, successful candidate will be responsible for driving the IOM vehicle in accordance to IOM rules and regulations
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Drive IOM office vehicle(s).
2. Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc.
3. Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
4. Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
5. Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination.
6. Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
7. Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
8. Collect and delivers mail / documents as assigned.
9. Follow the rules and regulations of driving IOM vehicles at all times.
10. Perform additional duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
Completed Secondary Education with at least 5 years relevant experience as driver;
Valid driving License: Category B(mandatory), C (advantage) Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs
Fluency in Azerbaijani Good knowledge of English. Working knowledge of Russian is advantageous
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a motivation letter in English by indicating name of the position applied with its number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 27 October 2020.
Please note that only CVs with motivation letter will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
From 14.10.2020 to 27.10.2020