Personal Assistant to Head of Office
Job Posting: 15/Feb/2021
Closure Date: 01/Mar/2021, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FEAZE
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Azerbaijan-Baku
Duration: 11 months
Post Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions. _______________________________________________________________
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. ________________________________________________________________
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Ms. Melek Cakmak, FAO Representative
Under the direct supervision of Head/Representative of FAO Partnership and Liaison Office and in close coordination with the Deputy Head and Administrative Unit, the Personal Assistant will perform the following tasks:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the planning and scheduling of the FAOR daily and weekly activities, management of the calendar of the FAOR; schedule appointments; brief the supervisor on matters before meetings and trips.
- Receive and accompany visitors of the FAOR;
- Screen all incoming calls, general office email box and distribution of correspondence.
- Prepare correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of FAOR for her signature and making follow-up when required;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to FAOR;
- Assist in interpretation and translation (Azeri - English)
- Prepare meeting minutes after meetings and distribution to meeting participants and records to be kept for further follow up;
- Prepare travel arrangements (ITA preparation, security clearance, hotel reservations, budget estimations, etc.) for travel of the FAOR;
- Prepare Travel Expense Claims (TEC) for the FAOR;
- Receive, screen, file, distribute, draft, format, scan, register in Excel file and monitor incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation from and to the FAO Representative and the country offices (SEC;REU);
- Daily coordination of the driver's schedule;
- Define office needs such as office supplies, cleaning supplies, and create PR for office needs.
- Ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent.
- Assist in administration of logistical arrangements of workshops and seminars.
- Perform other related functions as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences.
- 5 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Work experience in international/diplomatic environments
- Excellent communication, Tact and diplomacy, Report writing skills.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.),
- National of Azerbaijan
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way and/or escalated properly
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT